Sunday, September 6, 2009

First Song

                                                                                                                                                                                             
I've travelled more than a million miles over U.S. and Canadian highways as a commercial truck driver.  But despite the many, many hours spent alone with my thoughts, I'm blessed with satellite radio, cell phones and the internet to help stay connected with my loved ones.
Now I wade into the blogosphere to share comments, ideas and observations.  Those loved ones in my life could warn you that I'm intensely passionate about life, politics and my faith.  I find so much objectionable in today's social culture and want to protest respectfully without being demeaning.  My politics are informed by the Founders' principles which make me fearful of much in today's public policy.  And being imperfect, I work out my faith each day before our perfect God.
So, gentle reader, welcome to my sojourner's song.   Like singing in the shower, I'll no doubt hit a sour note occasionally, but I look forward to connecting with new people.  I invite you to engage me in the arena of ideas.  Let's agree when we can ... encourage and educate one another.  Let's diasagree and challenge one another when we must.   Please don't discount my blogs if controversial or provocative as I try to avoid the worst sin  ... being uninteresting.   

No comments:

Post a Comment